Sunday 2 August 2015

US Simone Biles Finally Goes Pro



Two time World all around champion Simone Biles has finally decided to go Pro, signing with Octagon Sports management firm, the same agency which represents fellow teammate Aly Raisman, legendary swimmer Michael Phelps, the most decorated US winter Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno and many other high profile athletes.


Biles took to Twitter to express her excitement over her decision "Blessed with the opportunity to compete in college but excited to turn Pro & have the support and guidance to make my Olympic dream a reality!"

Last year, the American gymnast indicated that she will attend UCLA.  She posted on Twitter "can't wait to be bruin������ UCLA BABY����☀️."

“While I am grateful for the opportunity to compete collegiately, I feel that the chance to make my dream come true is right in front of me,” Biles said in a press release. 

“In order for me to be the best gymnast I can possibly be, I want to be sure that I have the necessary support and guidance in handling opportunities and demands outside of the gym. I know there are no guarantees, but I am excited and determined to be a member of Team USA at the 2016 Olympics.”

Biles is the first African American gymnast to win a World all around. If she won this year's World all around gold, She will become the first female gymnast to win three consecutive World all around titles. Biles won the titles in 2013 and 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment