Monday 1 June 2015

Victoria Moors - "And now it's time for me to retire..."



,
2012 Canadian Olympian Victoria Moors has announced her retirement from gymnastics. She posted the following message today on instagram:

"My gymnastics career has been a long hall... And now it's time for me to retire as a professional gymnast. It's been a tough road for me and I've been faced with some challenges that i just couldn't overcome. This sport has taught me so much about myself and life itself.
I've made so many amazing friends that i know will stick by my side for my whole life and I know I will stick by theirs. My love for this sport will truly never end and I will continue to inspire young athletes to be the best person/athlete that they can be. This has been one of the toughest decisions that I've had to make but I have to look out for myself and do what's best for me. I would like to thank my friends, fans, coaches and my family who have stood by my side throughout my whole career I wouldn't of been where I am without you thanks so much for believing in me and understanding this tough decision."


The Canadian National Championships were held this weekend and many questioned Moors' absence. Moors competed most recently at the Elite Canada in February where she performed on vault and floor, scoring a 14.45 and 13.65 respectively. Today, on the final day of competition at the Championships, Moors put the questions to rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment