Saturday 30 May 2015

Rachel Gowey, now fit and back to the gym



Rachel Gowey, shown with coach Liang Chow, hopes to earn a spot at the Pan-American Games thissummer.
Rachel Gowey is back, and now she hopes to head north.


If the 17-year-old gymnast is successful in her bid to compete at the Pan-American Games, set for July 10 to 26 in Toronto, it would complete her return from a serious ankle injury.
"I think it proves I'm ready, that I got through the struggle," said Gowey, who lives in Urbandale and attends Johnston High School. "And I worked to keep my strength up, got to that high level of
skills and endurance."

Gowey will attend a camp next week near Houston, where she'll try to earn a spot on the U.S. national team.
That would be a nice milestone for one of coach Liang Chow's 2016 Olympic hopefuls.
"It would be amazing, because I've only done one international assignment, so far," Gower said. "I really want to get the opportunity to have another one, to get more experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment