Wednesday 18 March 2015

Queen of Gymnastics is back



2012 Olympic all-around silver medalist Viktoria Komova of Russia who have been dealing with injury and illness since the London Olympics told
IG on Monday that she is eager to resume full training following a temporary period of recovery at home. Komova, who turned 18 on Jan. 30, recently left the Russian national team training center, Ozero rugloye, near Moscow, to tend to her sore back. She is temporarily training and recuperating in
her hometown. "Everything is in order, and I continue training," she said. "There are small pains in my back, and I've lightened my training load pending the results
of a check-up. But I don't think there is anything serious."
Komova, the reigning world and European champion on uneven bars, said she is making the
most of her time in her hometown. "I came to Voronezh to celebrate my birthday,
have a rest, and meet with friends and my parents," she said. "Soon I will go back to Krugloye and start training there."
Komova said she looks forward to rejuvenating
her gymnastics program in the new Olympic cycle.
"From 2008 to 2012 I had many high-level, serious
competitions," she told IG. "I gave a lot of physical
and psychological effort during this time. A little
rest can't be prevented. But I am not throwing
away my training. I am preparing new routines for
upcoming competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment