Monday 22 June 2015

Larisa Iordache "The presence of Catalin Ponor in the gym motivates me"



She’s young, she’s beautiful, she’s a world class gymnast and the most valuable gymnast of her generation in Romania. Larisa Iordache, World all around silver medalist, turned 19 yesterday and despite her fame she remains the same great girl we know and love.

In her latest interview for ProSport Larisa speaks about her recovery, her desire to compete in Baku and her admiration for Catalina Ponor.

Larisa is doing light training while setting her eyes on Glasgow World Championship. She will continue to train on all 4 apparatuses, because “the medal from the All Around is the most important for a gymnast”  

“I don’t feel any pain right now, but I haven’t heavily trained for over 3 months and now I’m trying to re accommodate with the effort and necessary force to do all my elements without any discomfort. I don’t want to push myself, I’m trying to take everything step by step. I will train on all four apparatuses, because the medal from the All Around is the most important medal for a gymnast. For now I’m training on all the events, but I’m doing only elements and connections, without training full routines. It’s important to regain the routines that I had last year. If I will be healthy and if I will remain healthy, I believe that I would have time to add new elements. The main target remains the World Championship, but I also want to compete at the Romanian Nationals in September” Larisa told Prosport.ro

Larisa confessed that the hardest thing for her was not competing and not feeling competition atmosphere. She has expressed her regret that she didn’t compete at the European Games.

“The hardest thing for me in all this time, was the fact that I couldn’t compete in any competitions. I miss so much the competitive atmosphere, the crowd, the cheers.... It’s hard to watch your teammates training, preparing for competition while you can't”

“It’s very hard for me to comment on a competition which I don’t compete in. I wanted so much to compete in Baku, especially because it’s the first edition of the European Games, but I had to not compete. Seemed a very tough competition for me, not as much as the European championships but there, there are gymnasts whom I like”

The presence of Catalina Ponor in the gym hall motivates Larisa, as well as her determination. Her biggest wish is to achieve all her goals in gymnastics as for her birthday, well “it’s a normal day”.

“Catalina is my role model. I admire how motivated and ambitious she is and the fact that she has recovered so fast, after all these years spent away from gymnastics. In some way, her presence comforts me and also it gives me hope that we can become a strong team for Worlds”.

“For my birthday I wish, most of all, health, in order to achieve all my goals which I work hard for everyday in the gym. Then, I wish my loved ones happiness and that’s about it. For me this day, It’s a normal day. I had a training session this morning, I will have another later this afternoon. The only difference is that today I will receive a lot of messages and phone calls and I’m very glad that people think about me”. 

FavGymnastics


No comments:

Post a Comment